Image Credit: TSL
Major League Baseball completed its 2020 Virtual Draft presented by T-Mobile, with a total of 160 players being chosen in the five rounds, two Competitive Balance rounds and one Compensation round.
Throughout the entire two-day Draft broadcast, a top Baseball Operations representative from each of the 30 Major League Clubs, as well as 26 of the top draft-eligible players, each equipped with T-Mobile phones, appeared remotely from their respective locations.
Frontline heroes were featured during every round in the 2020 MLB Draft to put their favorite team “on the clock.” The pre-recorded videos, which were shown prior to the team’s selection, showcased these individuals who are medical care professionals, first responders, and specialty social service workers in one of their favorite team’s surrounding communities. Following are the names and when their videos were featured during the Draft:
- Jeff Cortazzo, Emergency Medicine Physician – Seattle Mariners (Round, 1, Pick 6)
- Jonathan Frasca, Firefighter – Los Angeles Angels (Round 1, Pick 10)
- Will Rodriguez, Immigrant Advocacy – New York Mets (Round 1, Pick 19)
- Michelle Jackson, Registered Nurse – Washington Nationals (Round 1, Pick 22)
- Michael Lechman, Hospital Environmental Services – Colorado Rockies (CB-B, Pick 35)
- Katie Moss, Registered Nurse – San Diego Padres (Round 2, Pick 45)
- Risa Candelord, Oncology Nurse Navigator – Pittsburgh Pirates (Round 3, Pick 79)
- Sandy Encarnacion, Delivered PPE to doctors and nurses – Boston Red Sox (Round 4, Pick 17)
- Linette Kress, Registered Nurse and former “White Sox Pride Crew Member” – Chicago White Sox (Round 5, Pick 11)